Who can be mentor?
Mentors in the Réseau romand are persons who:
- share their experience, aware of the support they received during their own careers
- offer support through regular meetings with the mentee to achieve her goals
- wish to become involved with other mentors to promote the next generation of women academics.
Mentors offer to mentees:
- opportunity to learn from the experience of a successful person
- opportunity to discuss her professional projects and the fulfilment of concrete goals
- better knowledge of formal and informal rules of academic career path
- support to network with new persons.
Benefit of programme participation
The mentoring aims first to support the mentee, but it is a mutual relationship. The evaluations reports of mentoring schemes show that the mentors benefit from their participation.
In participating in a mentoring scheme, mentors have the opportunity to:
- network with other mentors
- network with researchers in their early career
- be aware of research trends in the generation of the mentees
- have stimulating discussion on their own work
- increase their social skills by mentoring.
Declaration of interest
To participate in the Réseau romand as mentor, please fill in the following form.